Some changes you are going to see for the 2019 tax prep year:
* You’ll notice major changes to the 1040 form. Some changes include
adding capital gain section, going from 6 Schedules to 3, and moving the
signature lines to the final page.
* Penalties for not having health insurance expired at the end of 2018.
So there is no question about having health insurance in the 2019 tax forms.
* Medical expense deduction threshold has been raise back to 10%.
* Alimony is no longer deductible for the payer or taxable to the payee.
* 2019 is the last year for the employer credit for family and medical
leave created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
* 1040-SR: Congress mandated a new tax form for seniors. It is easier to
read and includes a standard deduction chart.